User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Warped acrylic plates

General Discussion

Warped acrylic plates

Warped acrylic plates

Postby siwale80 » October 18th, 2013, 11:33 pm

Hi Sue, Have flattened using the oven method 2 plates so far and one is still being cooked in the oven! All looking much flatter! Will be interested to see if by flattening them this way if the plates will become more brittle? Time will tell I guess! Thank you for posting that site. Cx
siwale80

Re: Warped acrylic plates

Postby siwale80 » October 29th, 2013, 9:45 am

Hi again Sue - well I have been using my 'cooked' acrylic plates a lot. They have remained much straighter, although I thought one was going to crack when I ran it through my Big Shot, but all is well. Using a new plate a lot I find they tend to bend more, so I am happy with this result and will be cooking more.
Hope all is well with you and yours. Love Cx
siwale80

Postby Magsc1 » October 31st, 2013, 3:54 pm

Hi Sue,
Nothing to do with warped plates, although I might try this, as my lovely friend Celia seems to have had success with it!
Just wanted to say that Little Miss Em is growing so fast! She looks so happy and excited in the photograph. I wonder why? Perhaps because she had Grandma and Grandpa there to spoil her! Good to hear you had such a lovely time. Not too long now, until you get to hug that new little DGD Naomi. Hope to see some pictures. Trust you are all well.
Kindest Regards
Margaret (Scotland)
Magsc1

Postby siwale80 » March 18th, 2014, 8:34 am

Hi Sue - Loved the latest picture of Naomi- how cute is that?! Just to let you know that the two acrylic plates I ovenised did crack at the end eventually. Stayed much flatter for quite a while, but both of them have virtually broken in the same spot! I am sure that the heating does tend to make them more brittle? I do hope you have been keeping well. Where is everyone these days, I do miss learning things from your site and it has been so quiet? I am sure you are keeping very busy though. Love - Cx
siwale80

Postby SueNelson » March 18th, 2014, 12:16 pm

Oh, that is very good to know, Celia. Plastic does not have an endless life, especially the brittle hard plastic.

Been okay here. Winter has taken it's toll on everyone with so much snow and very very cold, so we are allllll looking forward to warmer weather, even if it rains or is cloudy.

Hope you are well and recovering from your surgeries, etc.

It has been quiet on the message board! Guess everyone is frozen in place!
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby siwale80 » March 19th, 2014, 9:10 am

Hi Sue, sorry to hear that it has been so cold. Think it has hit the whole of the northern hemisphere?! We have had no rain since November, has been very hot at times although the evenings have cooled down considerably in the past few weeks. I am now under the doona instead of on top! Otherwise all good. Just had a basal cell carcinoma cut out of the side of my nose! In fact he had to have two goes after receiving the results from the biopsy. Stitches out on Friday, hopefully no more cutting? I am sure your weather will warm up soon and you can thaw out. I am not looking forward to winter, but then it is not nearly as drastic as yours. Take care. Love Cx
siwale80

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login