User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Cuttlebug all-in-ones

General Discussion

Cuttlebug all-in-ones

Cuttlebug all-in-ones

Postby gayleflindall » July 22nd, 2011, 4:50 pm

Has anyone out there bought and used the new all-in-ones by cuttlebug??? How about you Sue...have you tried them yet??? I am having a terrible time with them. The small pieces emboss okay...but you have to shim them with the metal shim plate from Cheery Lynne Deisigns (it's called a cuttlehug). The large 6x9 embossing plate that comes in the set will NOT emboss cardstock no matter what I have tried. Can anyone help me...they are expensive and I refuse to give up!!! Thanks :twisted:
Love your new site Sue!! :D
gayleflindall

Re: Cuttlebug all-in-ones

Postby SueNelson » July 22nd, 2011, 5:46 pm

I have some of the sets and was not thrilled with them when I first tried, thus I put them away before I started my clean out and have yet to try them again. I will do that this coming week and see what I can come up with. I do think there should be some sort of alignment grid on the top of that clear plate so I don't keep making mistakes with them. What set are you having trouble with? I will take a look at it again
Sue
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby gayleflindall » July 24th, 2011, 10:25 am

You are not going to believe this, Sue. My girlfriend came over and I was bemoaning my problems and said 'look I'll show you" Well, wouldn't you just know it...they worked perfectly every time. I think it is really important that you feed the folder in according to the arrow. I have 4 sets and look forward to using them especially for bigger cards. The one drawback is that you cannot emboss a card front with them as you have nowhere to put the card back as the folder is the same width as the machine so it won't go through.
If you put your grren template on first, then put the clear one on top, then close the folder...the dots will seat themselves and you will have no alignment problems. I was busy counting holes 'til I came up with that. Hope it helps you . Give them another try,( once you find them), I'm sure you will like them.
gayleflindall

Well good!

Postby SueNelson » July 24th, 2011, 11:43 am

I did do one other thing that may help. I centered and taped a 5"x7" piece of paper inside and drew a Sharpie Black line on the clear outside top of the main embossing plate. I did the same thing with the 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" so alignment would be easier.

I used Coredinations paper and the Cupcakes plates to emboss an A7 piece and it worked well. I did use a piece of 80 lb Beckett with the small square plate that it came with, and the edges wrinkled, so I will work on this.

I am MUCH happier with the larger sheet of paper and the A7 plate.....
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby siwale80 » July 25th, 2011, 9:54 am

Hi Sue, I have never used one of these Ai1 Cuttlebug folders but was interested in how they worked. Went into Google to find out and watched a video taken at CHA on how to operate them. The demonstrator was good and it looked so easy. Those who are interested in acquiring them maybe should watch the demo first? Don't think I will go there though! Cx
siwale80

Could you post the URL for the video?

Postby SueNelson » July 25th, 2011, 10:34 am

I could use a lesson myself
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login