User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Floors and punches

General Discussion

Floors and punches

Floors and punches

Postby candee p » July 29th, 2011, 2:34 pm

Hi Sue---LOVE your new space--I am in the process of moving from NY to NC and I hope to be able to have a great craft space as well. I love your new floor--where did you get that from ? Also in one pix you caught a slight glimpse of your punches--what are they stacked on? Will be back to see the cards and keep checking on Splitcoast for you---Candee P
candee p

Re: Floors and punches

Postby SueNelson » July 29th, 2011, 7:35 pm

Glad you like the flooring. We got it at Lumber Liquidators and it is Utility Grade 3/4" oak. It is essentially end pieces of the good stuff with lots of knots and uneven spots, which I love. It is a lot of work to put down because the pieces are a lot shorter than the good grade, so more pieces are needed per floor. Lots of sanding and then varnish and stain. LOTS of sawdust and mess!

The punches are on an over the door rack, a wall rack and a rolling cart DH made me. I will take pics of it tomorrow and post them. It is a custom made piece that works for my space requirements. He is awfully handy to have around.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login