User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Coloring on embossed designs

General Discussion

Coloring on embossed designs

Coloring on embossed designs

Postby Genevieve » August 4th, 2011, 9:18 pm

How do you color the embossed designs on the card fronts? Chalks, gamsol/prismas... like the giraffe on #4362. And on #6116, did you uses coredinations cardstock to get the white teddy?
Thanks
Genevieve

Re: Coloring on embossed designs

Postby SueNelson » August 5th, 2011, 10:19 am

Yes on all of the coloring mediums. Copics work, but use a light hand because they bleed quickly. Chalk works well but don't smash the embossing and be even more careful with the Pencils/Gamsol. But all work. You can use any white eraser to remove any excess chalk.

Yes, core-dinations for the teddy. It is actually a pale pink, not white, in case you are looking for paper with a white back.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby Genevieve » August 5th, 2011, 1:31 pm

Ok, thank you. When you use chalks, do you need to use a fixative to avoid smearing? When you emboss your cards, on single-layer ones, do you use 80lbs or 130lbs? Do you use exclusively Beckett papers (the colored ones) for embossing; except for those that you use core-dinations?
Even if a lot of people congratulate you for your lovely cards, I need to add the same comment... :)
Thanks for you time.
Genevieve

Postby SueNelson » August 5th, 2011, 4:05 pm

I don't usually use a fixative, but you can. Keep it light.

I use 80 lb primarily, but once in a while 130lb. because some of the folders emboss really deeply. I use any paper that works for my card layout, usually 80 lb weight. Bazzill, Beckett, or Core-dinations. The 65 lb is pretty thin so I use heavier.

Printed papers also look nice embossed.......

XO Thanks for your hugs. I appreciate it!
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login