User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Teddy Bo stamps

General Discussion

Teddy Bo stamps

Teddy Bo stamps

Postby Linda000 » October 8th, 2011, 9:53 pm

sue, I would love to see your creations with these stamps.they are so Cute and I love your work. The two put together has got to be awesome. Linda
Linda000

Re: Teddy Bo stamps

Postby SueNelson » October 9th, 2011, 8:01 am

I don't have any of those.
No plans to get any at the moment, but I have seen some cute samples. Thanks for asking
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby Kathy » October 9th, 2011, 3:47 pm

Hi Sue,
I'm trying to post a question and not sure how to do it. So If this works here is my question? sorry it is in the wrong place.
I have a question. My daughter which is a traveling Nurse is doing books for her niece and nephew. She buys a stuffed animal that relates to the state she is in. Any place she has gone the stuff animal will go with and they take pictures together and she puts these in the book. The animal will tell the story. In the back she has left pages for the kids to tell their story with the animal and where they have taken him. She has done a nice job with the book and I would like to preserve the cover. We design the outside cover before she venture to the next state. All pages are inclosed with sleeves but I need to reinforce the cover. What would you use to do that with? I'm worried that the kids when looking at the book the cover will get dirty or torn and even some of the wording may come off in time. Do you have any suggestions as to what I can do to help preserve the cover. Sorry this got lengthy.
Thanks
Kathy
Kathy

Postby SueNelson » October 9th, 2011, 5:48 pm

Clear contact paper would be my best guess unless you can't use that. Hard to tell without actually seeing it.

Anyone else have any ideas?
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby Kathy » October 13th, 2011, 7:39 pm

Thanks Sue,
The cover will be done with chipboard and paper attached. We cut out lettering "The adventures of Buffalo Bill" and buffalo on the bottom. We will bind it with the cinch. Do you think that mod podge will also work. I have not used Mod Podge before have you?

Thanks
Kathy
Kathy

Postby BettyNehus » October 15th, 2011, 5:18 pm

I made autograph books for my grandchildren and ran into the same problem. I went to my local public library after many tries elsewhere and the librarian gave me bookcovers they use. They don't have sticky glue on the back so you can reposition as needed. I just used tape to hold in place and then covered with a piece of cardstock the same size as the front and back page to cover the tape. They turned out really cute.
BettyNehus

Postby SueNelson » October 16th, 2011, 9:40 am

I really have very little experience with Mod Podge on books. I am hesitant to give you any advice on this one.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login