User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Cherry Lynn design cutout dies

General Discussion

Cherry Lynn design cutout dies

Cherry Lynn design cutout dies

Postby jonnytar » October 11th, 2011, 5:21 pm

Have you ever heard of Cherry Lynn Designs? They make lacy (doily) kind of dies. Wonder if they are any good, and if they cut clean (I've had some Cuttlebug that just won't cut clean - Lace Door for one). Thanks
I saw Cherry Lynn Designs on a card on Splitcoast Stampers.
jonnytar

Re: Cherry Lynn design cutout dies

Postby SueNelson » October 12th, 2011, 7:17 am

I have used a lot of the CL dies. They sell a spacer plate or a shim called the CuttleHug which I highly recommend to stabilize the die for perfect cutting. The larger one is the best option since their dies are getting bigger and bigger and the entire die needs to be supported. Rub wax paper on the die before hand and tap the die and die cut on the side of the garbage can to release many if not all of the tiny bits and pieces! Also, rotate the die on the cutting plate 90 degrees and run it thru again in case the whole thing is not cut.

http://www.heartprints.net/items.php?Ta ... C521152944
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby gayleflindall » October 14th, 2011, 8:54 am

I have lots of Cheery lynn dies and they are wonderful. Really well textured and so intricate. I often cut extras to share with my card making buddies...especially the doilies. As Sue mentioned, do order the cuttlehug plate..it sure makes it a lot easier. Some of them are stiff to get through the cuttlebug so if you can afford a Vagabond (Tim Holtz) it makes it a snap. However, I can't so I keep on cranking!!! :lol:
gayleflindall

Postby jonnytar » November 27th, 2011, 12:20 pm

Darn... I forgot what you said about using wax paper on the Cherry Lynn Dies and my daughter and I just finished 22 cut outs on my Grand Calibur. They may have been harder because I used self-sticking cardstock, but boy do my arms hurt! I used the wax paper today and it came off immediately. Wish I would have remembered your tip.
jonnytar

Postby BettyNehus » December 1st, 2011, 9:20 pm

I just received my first Cheery Lynn die and tried to use my cuttlebug with it using A,B,Cuttlehug die, paper and C, but there is too much pressure and I don't want to force it through. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.
BettyNehus

Postby SueNelson » December 2nd, 2011, 8:42 am

Betty,

If I remember correctly, you have a brand new Cuttlebug? It will be a snug fit the first several times around, so don't worry. Tape your die to the paper with removable tape and center the die on the plates. Make sure the Cuttlehug is directly underneath the die with the cutting blade facing up and the paper on top.

A-C-CuttleHug-Die-Paper-B

Here is the Cheery Lynn site that has tons of very helpful videos.
http://www.cheerylynndesigns.com/pages/videos.html
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby BettyNehus » December 2nd, 2011, 2:43 pm

I just tried again, I must be getting weak in my old age. I got it through, but I thought my handle and my wrist were going to break. Thanks again
BettyNehus

Postby gayleflindall » December 2nd, 2011, 8:40 pm

Hi Ladies

buy a Vagabond!!! Saves hard cranking and broken wrists.Just a note though....do not use the Cuttlehug shim :lol: and your C plate together in the Vagabond. It will go through but will shatter your C plate in the process. Take it from me.... I did it!!!!LOL
gayleflindall

Postby Tania V » January 4th, 2012, 7:49 am

Hi Sue! like so many others I had major problems with the CL and marianne dies due to their intricacy....I use blue tack to get out my doilies...works a treat every time. XOX Tania
Tania V

Postby SueNelson » January 4th, 2012, 11:13 am

good to know!
Thanks Tania
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login