User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Copics/Copic ciao markers/Promarkers

General Discussion

Copics/Copic ciao markers/Promarkers

Copics/Copic ciao markers/Promarkers

Postby siwale80 » December 26th, 2011, 8:24 am

Hi Sue, I know you use Copic markers with great results, what is the difference colouring wise with the other two, I know they have different nibs, some are far more expensive than others. Any recommendations (not being biased of course?) and is it cheaper to buy in sets? So many questions - right now just thinking about them.
I am sure you had a wonderful Christmas and I hope all the baking was done in time? Your kitchen must have smelt just too delicious. All the very best for 2012. Love Cx
siwale80

Re: Copics/Copic ciao markers/Promarkers

Postby SueNelson » December 28th, 2011, 7:57 pm

Copics are pricey, but they are refillable (GREAT option) as well as having a brush tip. Pro Markers are the same type of ink, they are not refillable, but are substantially cheaper. Since the price of Copics is always increasing, the Pro Markers may be a good option for you if you are going to use the alcohol based marker. I really believe that the paper is huge when using these markers and I use the Beckett since it is super smooth and absorbent. As for the Ciao vs. Sketch, there, I like the Sketch because they have the color/number markings on them. That is a nice feature when locating the colors.

Might not be much help, but the real problem is choosing the colors, regardless of the brand you choose. Actually, there is a new brand of brush tip refillable markers called Shin Han Touch Twin Markers that are substantially cheaper. I have used them and they are very similar to Copics.

HTH. Hope you are well and had a nice Christmas. I sure did!
SueNelson
Site Admin

Re: Copics/Copic ciao markers/Promarkers

Postby siwale80 » January 6th, 2012, 7:44 pm

Sue, thank you for all that info, trouble is there are too many choices these days! Decisions, decisions!? Glad to hear that your Christmas went well. Son and daughter (8) were over in Zimbabwe staying with his sister and her family - first time Georgina has met her cousins and aunt and uncle. She has loved it and doesn't want to come back to Oz! Saw elephants, other wild life and even rode on an elephant and of course saw Victoria Falls! They will be back tomorrow. Can't wait to hear all about it - her version! All the very best for 2012 and thank you for many years of inspiration. Love Cx
siwale80

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login