User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Card 6758

General Discussion

Card 6758

Card 6758

Postby Mair » October 6th, 2012, 1:02 am

I have bought the Martha Stewart All over Snowflake punch to make this card - 6758
I am having GREAT difficulty getting it to punch cleanly through anything. I have tried- paper, 120gsm cardstock, 160gsm cardstock, 200gsm cardstock. Now the punch is stuck halfway through a shet of Bazzill.
I use 2 handed pressure on a stable solid table.
Is there a knack to get this punch to cut cleanly or is it the punch that could have a fault in it. I would appreciate your comments and help.
Thanks
Mair
Mair

Re: Card 6758

Postby SueNelson » October 6th, 2012, 9:04 am

Martha Stewart Punches have a reputation of failing I, too, had trouble with the actual movement of the punch when I pressed it down. It seemed to go unevenly and once I practiced an exact straight down pressure, it seemed better. If you can get it dislodged, try some waxed paper to lubricate it more and them try it again with straight downward
pressure.

If it is the actual cutting mechanism, maybe it is the punch at fault because the paper weights are varied and it still isn't cutting.
HTH
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login