User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - Difficult Die Cuts

General Discussion

Difficult Die Cuts

Difficult Die Cuts

Postby SueNelson » February 7th, 2013, 8:16 pm

I read this on another board and tried it tonight.
Some of the dies are VERY difficult to get a clean cut (especially the ones with the release foam) and it was suggested that a single layer of cereal box plastic be used between the die and the paper. I tried it tonight and it worked. Perfectly. Lots of people have trouble with those things, so instead of not using them anymore, try this! I was shocked! So start saving the liners in the cereal boxes once the cereal is gone. I did shim the stack with an extra layer of cardstock, but you may not need that.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Re: Difficult Die Cuts

Postby siwale80 » February 8th, 2013, 10:10 am

Sue, thank you for that information, will definitely keep it in mind. Hopefully our cereal plastic is the same type as yours? Wonder if it would have worked on the Die-Namics heart die?
siwale80

Postby SueNelson » February 8th, 2013, 11:33 am

Well, the one I tried it on was the Die Versions Bunny, so probably will work on the difficult dies.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Postby BettyNehus » February 12th, 2013, 8:33 pm

I read to use waxed paper for these dies, I guess these two papers probably weigh the same.
BettyNehus

Postby SueNelson » February 13th, 2013, 9:57 am

This person had also used waxed paper and that has worked for me plenty of times, but I have One VERY difficult die that the cereal box plastic worked on. The Kabnet Wax (used in food prep) works for me too.
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login