User NamePassword
Forgot Password? · Register
Login
Heart Prints • View topic - easel frame in #4046

General Discussion

easel frame in #4046

easel frame in #4046

Postby paulastrachota » July 14th, 2011, 10:28 am

Sue can you tell me about the white matte board you used and maybe where I can get it - I'll be making about 500 each of these for the wedding in our family. I already have the Bigz die.
paulastrachota

Re: easel frame in #4046

Postby SueNelson » July 14th, 2011, 11:20 am

If you already have the die, then you know it is 12" long. To avoid the extra cost of 12" white matte board, I used 130 lb Beckett Expression Cardstock that is 11" long. By placing it carefully, this eliminates that small 1/2" tab at the bottom of the die. I then used a 1" wide piece of paper with (Xyron) adhesive on it to hold the easel closed at the back, on the outside. It is a cheap solution to the problem of finding white chipboard or heavy matte board. http://www.marcopaper.com has the 130lb Beckett if you need a source. Let me know if you need anything else.

PS The white embossed sheet on the top is cut separately with the die, embossed and glued. Be sure to apply the glue to the frame section and not the embossed piece. Rolling the glue tape on the embossing will flatten it.GOOD LUCK! Better you than ME! LOL
SueNelson
Site Admin

Return to General Discussion

User Control Panel

Login